Tonight’s NaBloPoMo post is going to be short. It is now 11:18pm Central time (as I’m writing this). I woke up around 5:20am Central time and have been going ever since. That included a 13 1/2 hour drive from Chicago to Dallas. I’m pooped.
Why am I in Dallas? I’m here for a literary event. (Mostly, to see friends.)
The Golden Crown Literary Society and the Resource Center of Dallas are jointly sponsoring Books and Boots.
Here’s the schedule:
- 9:00am to 9:15am – Opening
- 9:15am to 10:15am – Romance: Two swooning hours for readings and panel discussion about the most popular genre with authors Georgia Beers, Melissa Brayden, Julie Cannon, Karin Kallmaker and KG MacGregor.
- 10:15am to 10:30am – Coffee Break
- 10:30am to 11:30am – The Romance continues.
- 11:30am to 12:45pm – Lunch on your own. The hotel has a good restaurant.
- 12:45pm to 2:45pm – Mystery / Thriller: Who done it? Why did they do it? Will they be stopped? Lynn Ames, Barrett, Roselle Graskey, Gerri Hill, Laydin Michaels and Carsen Taite will give us all the answers.
- 2:45pm to 3:00pm – Cookies from the DoubleTree. Yummy!
- 3:00pm to 5:00pm – How about some fantasy and laughter with your history, maybe in poetic form? The other genres are discussed with Saxon Bennett, Linda Crist, Layce Gardner, Jaycie Morrison, Shelley Thrasher and Barbara Ann Wright.
- 5:00pm to 6:00pm – Author autographs and Closing
This event is FREE and open to the public. Registration is not necessary, but we’d love it if you would register – just so we know how many people we should be expecting. Again, it’s not mandatory. For information and the link to register, go HERE.
So, if you’re in the Dallas area, come on out and spend the day with us!