Well, I did it.
If you remember way back at the beginning of the month, I posted a challenge for myself. In a nutshell, I challenged myself to post something on this blog every day for the month of March.
I am now coming to the end of March 31 and this will be my final post of the challenge. I made it!
(This will not be my final post ever. Just for the month of March and for the purposes of my challenge. Just wanted to be clear.)
I had a specific purpose in mind when I gave myself this challenge: I wanted to see if I could do it.
Would I be able to commit to doing something like this on a daily basis? I’d tried in the past just to post regularly, let alone daily, but had always failed.
I did not fail.
Admittedly, some of the posts were better than others. Some likely would not exist at all had I not committed myself to this task.
What have I learned from this experience?
- I can do it. I set my mind to it and accomplished the goal.
- I have things to say. There were some days that were more difficult than others, but I usually found something I could post – even if it was just a video or picture I like.
- I pay more attention to the world around me.
- Emily Blunt is incredibly popular. (It’s amazing how many people search Google and Bing.)
- When Karin Kallmaker shares a link to one of my posts, the number of hits I get goes through the roof.
- I can still write. It’s been a while since I’ve had to write anything other than an email to a client or colleague. I wasn’t sure if I could do it.
- Maks and Val Chmerkovskiy are intensely popular, as well. I was surprised to find how many people want to know their favorite color. (Or if Val is gay.)
- I still have a lot to learn about writing. I go back and read the posts and find places where I could have been clearer or more creative. I’ll work on that.
So, here it is. My last post for my challenge. I’ve had fun. I think I’ll keep it up.
It just won’t be every day. 🙂